Friday, June 5, 2015

Benson Park was, up until  this summer,  an eyesore.  Now it is the hot spot for families across the city! An expansive playground adjoins a large "sprayground," which is essentially a large playground equipped with a variety of water shooting, dumping,  sprinkling, and spraying fixtures. The best part (for moms) is that-unlike the other spraygrounds in Omaha-there is NO SAND in the traditional playground next to it! We've  made it down to the playground several times,  but today was the first visit warm enough to get wet!

I do have to brag on one little girl: she was about 10 years old and was playing with a water squirter.  As I stood nearby,  she accidentally spot me in the gave with the cold water. Though I didn't think anything of it-after all,  I WAS standing in the middle of a major water battle-but the sweet girl found me after I dried off and apologize for being me wet! I was so impressed that someone so young had the graciousness to find me and apologize!


As the kids were playing on the dry playground and dying off,  Kayla excitedly showed me that she completed the number slide puzzle! in this puzzle,  only one piece can be moved at a time,  and it is pretty difficult to arrange the numbers correctly.  Great job,  baby girl! 


No comments: