Sunday, June 17, 2012

"My Green, My Green!"

Most kids have one. Some carry with them drama to a greater or lesser degree, but a favorite doll, stuffed animal or blanket can carry a child through much in life. My son calls his favorite item "green," and it is a silky-on-one-side-soft-on-the-other baby blanket. And, oh yeah, it's green. 


He clings to this swatch of fiber as if it had life-saving powers. It is his comfort, his joy and is always on his mind. He loves to share it in playtime with his sister: for a picnic, an island, a sled, or whatever else comes to his mind. If he has his green, he is satisfied.


Do I cling to the Lord of my life with the same passion? Is His presence the first thing I look for in the morning, the last thing I seek at night? In the Lord alone do I find my comfort and joy? Do I allow His presence to fill me with peace and silence my fears? Do I share the Lord with others?


The LORD is my light and my salvation, the stronghold of my life. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Ps 27:1

No comments: